Private equity sponsors trust Mark Lutes to help them understand the impact of regulatory compliance concerns on their health care industry investments.
Mark draws on his nearly four decades of experience to analyze investments and distinguish temporary challenges from serious red flags. Under his direction, the country’s largest team of health care compliance lawyers, reimbursement consultants, engineers, and scientists reviews the nuanced regulatory concerns of life sciences companies, health care service providers, and suppliers. Investors use his assessments to evaluate their potential exposure, quantify and limit their risk, and avoid future surprises.
Mark also advises large hospital systems in their mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures. Clients rely on his insight into evolving state and federal health care finance and policy trends to structure transactions with other hospital systems, physician groups, and managed health care plans. His prior experience as a legislative adviser to the Federal Trade Commission informs his knowledge of federal antitrust enforcement. Based on his appreciation of the underlying economic, financial, and strategic possibilities of a transaction, Mark helps clients understand what they are buying and protect themselves against risk.
Through EBG Advisors' affiliates Epstein Becker & Green, P.C. and National Health Advisors, LLC, Mark offers strategic counsel in health policy and on health care reimbursement changes. He also provides workforce management consulting to a wide range of industry stakeholders across financial services, health care, life sciences, hospitality, retail, and technology.
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D., with honors)
- Rutgers University (M.P.A.)
- Eagleton Institute of Politics, H.E.W. Public Service Fellow
- Georgetown University School of Foreign Service (B.S.F.S., with honors)
Board of Directors
- EBG Advisors
- Epstein Becker Green, Chair
- Health Insights, Chair
- Network for Excellence in Health Innovation (NEHI), Chair
Professional & Community Involvement
- American Bar Association, Antitrust and Insurance Sections
- American Health Lawyers Association
- District of Columbia Bar, Health Law Committee
- Maryland Bar Association, Health Law Committee
- January 27, 2022