When health care and life sciences companies need to conduct investigations and audits relating to health care compliance matters or employers across industries need to investigate allegations of misconduct in their workplaces, they turn to EBG Advisors.
Health Care Compliance Investigations
Our depth of industry knowledge and diversity of skills provide health care and life sciences companies with investigative teams that bring value to all phases of health care compliance investigations and audits. We work with clients and their counsel to successfully plan and execute an effective investigative strategy.
Clients benefit from our ability to create focused teams comprised of industry professionals, former government investigators and prosecutors, regulatory experts, statisticians, medical reviewers, and forensic accountants. By merging our deep understanding of the rules, laws, and regulations affecting our health care and life sciences clients’ businesses with our industry and enforcement agency experience, we can offer clients a comprehensive view of their investigation.
Additionally, we know that artificial intelligence and machine-learning capabilities can help clients organize, manage, and work through large amounts of data in new and efficient ways during an audit. Our team combines the use of advanced artificial intelligence and machine-learning technologies with data science about particular issues to create custom solutions for clients and improve the speed and quality of their audit.
Despite their best efforts to foster harmonious workplaces, health care and life sciences companies may find themselves subject to claims by employees of workplace misconduct. When these claims arise, clients seek out EBG Advisors’ sophisticated workplace investigators for assistance with sensitive employment investigations. We promptly conduct a thorough, effective, and legally defensible investigation. When the situation demands it, we can play a background or supporting role, coaching the client’s in-house investigators without conducting the interviews ourselves.
We provide the following services:
- Health care disputes and investigations:
- Review claims of improper billing to government programs
- Manage health care corporate compliance, and assess risk
- Forensic and financial investigations:
- Resolve business insurance claims
- Provide damages analysis
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning:
- Analyze complex insurance claims and data
- Assist in discovery and the use of forensic technology
- Workplace investigations:
- Conduct prompt, thorough, and effective investigations into complaints of alleged wrongdoing (including bullying, discrimination, fraud, inappropriate conduct, pay inequity, policy breaches, retaliation, or sexual harassment)
- Provide coaching to clients’ in-house investigators, when requested
- Supply a written report of investigative findings, if appropriate