Philip Halliday is a Strategic Consultant with EBG Advisors, Inc. Mr. Halliday has over 25 years of experience in executive compensation and benefits issues. He most recently served as the Global Head of Executive Compensation for Credit Suisse. Previously, Mr. Halliday worked at Deutsche Bank and Arthur Andersen.
Mr. Halliday's experience includes:
- Compensation issues – including firm wide bonus pools, compensation plans including deferred compensation plans and award instruments, Annual Compensation Report within the group Annual Report.
- Compensation policies and procedures – including policy objectives, compliance and risk considerations
- Senior executive compensation – design, communication and implementation of compensation arrangements for executive management and fees payable to non-executive members
- Structuring compensation arrangements – including buy out arrangements and terms of contract and compensation arrangements
- Equity/Deferred Compensation – responsible for design implementation, communication, compliance and administration of deferred award programs involving over 10,000 participants globally in approximately 50 countries participating in over 100 programs, such as various stock plans, stock options, deferred cash plans, Contingent Capital awards, proprietary trading plans and other structures
- Advising employees and internal/external lawyers regarding severance and the treatment of deferred awards in scenarios of termination of employment; acted as expert witness in several arbitration cases.
- Regulatory issues – including designing and implementing processes to ensure compliance with global regulatory requirements; meetings with Regulators to explain compensation structures and multiple cases of responding to written inquiries from various Regulators globally, with a focus on US, Switzerland and the UK
- Finance/Reporting – responsible for overall management and control of group wide compensation accruals for bonuses and deferred compensation
- Extensive accounting and tax experience
- University of the West of England
Memberships & Affiliations
- UK Chartered Accountant
- Member of the UK Institute of Taxation