Chiu S. Lin, Ph.D. is a Strategic Consultant with EBG Advisors, Inc. Dr. Lin has significant and seasoned experience regarding the approval of medical products before the United States Food and Drug Administration ("FDA"). Dr. Lin has 30-plus year's of experience at the FDA and is a former Director of FDA's Division of Anesthesiology, General Hospital, Infection Control and Dental Devices.
Dr. Lin is a frequent speaker and author regarding topics related to the approval of medical products, and serves as an advisor and consultant to numerous life science companies of all stages of development.
Dr. Lin's experience at FDA includes serving as:
- Director, Division of Anesthesiology, General Hospital, Respiratory, Infection Control, and Dental Devices, Office of Device Evaluation, Center for Devices and Radiological Health
- Chief, Infection Control Devices Branch, Division of Anesthesiology, General Hospital, Infection Control, and Dental Devices, Office of Device Evaluation, Center for Devices and Radiological Health
- Senior Regulatory Pharmacologist/Toxicologist, Division of Toxicological Review and Evaluation, Office of Toxicological Sciences, Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition
Dr. Lin served as a Research Associate in the Laboratory of Cellular and Developmental Biology, NIADDK at the National Institutes of Health under Laboratory Chief Dr. Martin Rodbell (1995 Nobel Laureate in Medicine and Physiology), and as a Predoctoral Research Fellow in the Division of Molecular Biology, Department of Pharmacology at the Georgetown University Medical Center, and as a Medical Technologist in the Division of Laboratory Medicine, Department of Pathology at The George Washington University Hospital in Washington, D.C.
- Georgetown University School of Medicine (Ph.D.)
- Molecular Biology / Pharmacology
- School of Medical Technology, Washington Hospital Center
- Diploma in Medical Technology
- Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan (B.S.)
- Appointed to serve as Scientific Advisor of the Minister of Health and Social Welfare, Executive Yuan, Taiwan, Republic of China (1995 to present)
- Appointed by the Premier, the Executive Yuan, Republic of China (Taiwan), to serve as a member of the Advisors of Bio-Taiwan Committee (BTC) (2004 to present)