Health Information Privacy and Security
EBG Advisors counsels clients regularly regarding federal and state laws related to health information privacy and security. Through its relationship with Epstein Becker Green, EBG Advisors provides legal services to all sectors of the health care industry. Among other privacy and security services, we offer:
- HIPAA implementation and compliance advice
- Other federal, state and legal privacy and security requirements
- Privacy and security risk assessments
- Privacy and security policies/inventories
- Breach follow-up
- Legal and contracting support
- Educational and training seminars on various privacy and security issues
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (“GLB”) compliance
- European Union Directive on Data Protection Safe Harbor compliance
- Epstein Becker Green has been designated by the Health Information Trust Alliance (“HITRUST”) as a Common Security Framework (“CSF”) Assessor. HITRUST provides training to develop and maintain effective security programs for health care and life sciences companies that use sensitive data, including, but not limited to, protected health information (“PHI”).
- The CSF Assessor designation enables Epstein Becker Green to offer clients assessment services associated with the CSF. This framework provides a comprehensive approach, methodology and tool to help clients establish efficient security programs that comply with applicable security laws, regulations and standards, including HITECH, HIPAA, PCI, JCAHO, CMS, ISO, NIST and various other federal, state and business requirements. Epstein Becker Green acquired this designation to better serve our client base of health care, life sciences and health information technology companies as well as our business partners (e.g., HIPAA-covered entities and business associates) that use PHI.
For more information on EBG Advisors’ consulting services for health information privacy and security, contact Robert J. Hudock at 202.861.1893 or firstname.lastname@example.org.